PED-EM-L Archives

PED-EM-L@LISTSERV.BROWN.EDU

Monospaced Font

PED-EM-L Home

PED-EM-L  November 2014

PED-EM-L November 2014

Orlando, FL: Nemours Children's Hospital PEM position

"Todd F. Glass" <[log in to unmask]>

Todd F. Glass

Fri, 14 Nov 2014 16:19:30 -0500

Welcome to Orlando, where the sun always shines. 50-61-72....those are the average low, high, and daily average temperatures in Orlando, FL in January; the coolest month of the year. If that sounds attractive, it may be time to consider opportunities in sunny Florida. Specifically, we would like you to think about your future in Pediatric Emergency Medicine at Nemours Children’s Hospital (NCH), Orlando, FL. Our brand new hospital is located in Lake Nona, an Orlando suburb that is a perfect fit for both young, single professionals and families alike, with access to outdoor activities, night life and family entertainment. Within 25 minutes you can be in downtown Orlando or Walt Disney World, and it’s less than 45 minutes to the intracoastal waterways and beach.
The positions in Pediatric Emergency Medicine offer unique opportunities to contribute to the development of a brand new department and academic division. From clinical process design and operations management, development of education programs, and initiation of quality research, the ambitious candidate will find challenges to meet their goals. As a new department, we are growing rapidly. Actual visits were 26% greater than projection for last year, with steady growth leading to an anticipated 25,000 visits this year, and ~29,000 projected for next year. Commensurate with our numerical growth, we are seeing an increase in the acuity and complexity of our patients, as well, with a steadily increasing admission rate. Our current PEM staff is seven physicians, including one nocturnist and one weekender. In addition, we have a board certified pediatrician and three advanced practice nurses providing double and triple coverage in our department. We are budgeted to add another pediatrician and two PEM physicians next year. We are actively seeking enthusiastic BC/BE PEM physicians who are interested in helping to build this new academic program.
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric healthcare systems, Nemours provides world-class clinical care in four states – Delaware, Florida, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. In October 2012 Orlando became home to Nemours Children’s Hospital, part of a unique 60-acre health campus, which includes a new ambulatory diagnostic center, research and educational facilities. This new state-of-the-art, academic, free-standing children’s hospital aims to set a new standard for patient and family experience in central Florida, with up to 137 inpatient beds (over 250 inpatient beds in phase 2). The vision and mandate is for Nemours Children’s Hospital to differentiate itself in Central Florida and Southeastern United States through a combination of outstanding family experience, top-tier pediatric care, multi-disciplinary tertiary programs, and cutting-edge basic, clinical and translational research, to become a leading pediatric referral center for Florida, and a national and international destination.
Located in Orlando’s new Lake Nona Medical City, adjacent neighboring institutions - including University of Central Florida (UCF) College of Medicine, Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute, Orlando Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Florida (UF) Research and Academic Center and M.D. Anderson Orlando Cancer Research Center – offer partners for research and academic collaboration.
Physician candidates must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Pediatric Emergency Medicine, and be eligible for unrestricted Florida Medical Licensure.
 Nemours offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes relocation; occurrence-based malpractice coverage; health, life, and dental insurance; pension plan and 403B retirement plan; CME, licensure and dues allowances; tuition reimbursement; and premium-free in-network health coverage for children of full-time Associates.
Nemours is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Interested applicants should send or email a letter of interest and CV to:
 Interested candidates should respond to me, at [log in to unmask]
 In addition, please forward your CV:
Brian Richardson,
Nemours Physician Recruiter
email: [log in to unmask]