Help for TEI-CORRESP-SIG Archives

TEI-CORRESP-SIG Archives

TEI-CORRESP-SIG@LISTSERV.BROWN.EDU

TEI-CORRESP-SIG Home

TEI-CORRESP-SIG  November 2014

TEI-CORRESP-SIG November 2014

Re: Advisability of using current correspDesc module in production environment?

James Cummings <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 19 Nov 2014 23:29:38 -0500

Hi all,

Just a quick note to thank the members of the SIG for their hard
work and flexibility on developing the correspDesc proposals. If
my recollection is correct we agreed that correspDesc will be a
repeatable member of model.profileDescPart and contain a sequence
of correspAction elements.
We disagreed in the end that correspDesc needs to be in a
separate module, but instead will form part of the header module.
(Though I'd note here that having refactoring the existing
modules to smaller more flexible modules is precisely one of the
things we've deliberately ruled out for TEI P5 at the moment and
put on the list for a tentative reanalysis of the TEI for P6.)

Peter will lead the implementation of this and revising the
proposal for council to review. One part of that will be
improvements to the documentation and provision of lots of real
world examples, etc. The documentation will need to give examples
of representing correspondence in different configurations,
(single letters, anthologies of letters, letter embedded in other
works, postcards, etc.) There are still some details to be
fleshed out, reviewed and confirmed, but in general the intents
behind the proposal have the support and endorsement of the
council. I know it seems slow and painful, but this has been more
straightforward (and had less arguments) than some other
additions to the Guidelines.

Many thanks for the hard work!

-James

Dr James Cummings, [log in to unmask]