the next Council meeting is approaching and so we duly revised our proposal according to the latest comments.
We also (re)structured the GitHub repository a little bit, so youíll find the latest
* ODD file at
* RNG file at
* HTML documentation at
* moved correspDesc from sourceDesc to profileDesc
* merged sender & addressee into participant
* subsumed names, places and dates of sending/receiving under the new <participant>
* renamed context to correspContext (still not completely satisfying Ö)
* removed everything else, especially <transmission>. This is purely pragmatic while we are trying to focus on fewer issues now and add features subsequently.
A (minimal) sample encoding may now look like:
<persName>Adelbert von Chamisso</persName>
<date when="1807-01-29">29 January 1807</date>
<persName>Louis de La Foye</persName>
* Do we need a wrapper element for correspDesc (and/or should it be renamed) in analogy to settingDesc/setting? This came up during a conf call with some Council members. Iím still not convinced and there are various counter examples Ö
* When there are several senders, how to encode the date of sending? Our proposal considers every agent a participant on its own, so itís not permitted to collect all names under one <participant>. But, do we need to encode the date (and place) on every <participant> then? Thatíd be very inconvenient.
Any comments highly appreciated!