Re: revised correspDesc proposal

Peter Stadler <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 13 Nov 2014 11:47:02 +0100

Am 13.11.2014 um 10:16 schrieb Marcel Illetschko <[log in to unmask]>:

> If it's not only a matter of naming one could argue - following Andrew's thoughts - that it may be appropriate to include the correspondence specific data in something like <event> (one would then have to make adjustments on this element though - at the moment it is only allowed as child element of event listEvent person personGrp place).
The problem with <event> is not the context it may appear in (we could easily add it to <correspDesc>) but its content model which does not allow for names and dates!
That’s a recurring issue as well and I wonder whether we should solve it within the correspDesc proposal. Partly because I have my problems with regarding the sending and receiving of a message as atomic events (plural!) — I see the communicative act as *one* event (singular!) of sending *and* receiving. Other reasons are pragmatic …

Best
Peter