CONLANG  November 2014, Week 1

CONLANG November 2014, Week 1

30-Day conlang "progress" report

Gary Shannon <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 2 Nov 2014 08:15:35 -0800

So I woke up this morning and suddenly realized that I have spent the last
six days fiddling around with word generating algorithms, which is fun and
interesting, but is WAY off task toward getting my 30-day translation goal
completed. (I am easily sidetracked by tangential trains of thought.)

Anyway, I would still like to get the target translation done by the 30-day
deadline, which is now only 3 days away. My daily web page updates,
however, were taking longer than the actual translation. So instead of
spending time coding HTML tables for nicely formatted glosses, I'm going to
leave the web page until after I have completed the whole translation. That
way I can hopefully complete the translation in the three days left
(although I might allow myself a couple of days leeway). Then after the
translation is complete and posted here, and after the 30-day deadline, I
can go back and create the formatted interlinears and the formatted
dictionary for the web page.

So I'm rolling up my sleeves, putting my nose to the grindstone, and
forging ahead with the translation. When I next come up for air and post
here, it should be with the complete translation of _The Emperor's New
Clothes_.

--gary