Department Directors/ Division Chiefs,
I am looking to survey the group on how different institutions justify protected/academic time.
1) For those in academic medical centers, how many clinical hours/week does your PEM staff work?
2) How is protected time paid for? (e.g. grants buying down time or included in contracted total compensation)
3) How is protected time justified with productivity? (strict productivity rules, hours logs, yearly evaluations, leadership positions, etc)
4) Does your department have different tracks? (academic vs. clinical)
5) What would you say is the "standard" weekly clinical hours for an academic full-time PEM physician vs. clinical full-time physician?
Thanks for your input.
Evan J Weiner MD FAAP FACEP FAAEM
Interim Director, Department of Emergency Medicine
Program Director, PEM Fellowship
St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
160 East Erie Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19134
Stay connected: Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ , YouTube!
The information in this communication is confidential and is directed only to the intended recipient. Please do not forward this communication without my permission. If you received this communication in error, please notify me immediately and delete/destroy this communication.
This email and any accompanying attachments are confidential. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email communication by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies. Thank you for your cooperation.
For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the message: info PED-EM-L
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: