Monospaced Font

CONLANG  May 2015, Week 1

CONLANG May 2015, Week 1

Re: I loves her (was: Development of conlang Muai)

Leonardo Castro <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 4 May 2015 21:29:43 -0300

Nice! I really thought about ergative as something that exchanges subjects
and objects in a way, but I don't know anything about their conjugation.

Em 04/05/2015 20:03, "Siva Kalyan" <[log in to unmask]>
escreveu:

> In addition, some (non-ergative) languages use different verb stems for
plural objects than for singular objects. I can’t think of one off-hand,
but there are Native American languages that do this.

> Siva
>
> > On 5 May 2015, at 8:31 am, [log in to unmask] wrote:
> >
> > I recommend that you read about ergative languages — it sounds like
that's what you're moving toward.

> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> >> On May 5, 2015, at 00:12, Leonardo Castro <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> >> I'm considering a reform of Muai that would make it look* a little
like its
> >> verbs conjugate in agreement with the object instead of with the
subject.

What a mess I made! I have no idea of whether or not this whole sentence is
grammatical.