Call for Participation: Demos, Art + Videos
ACM Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces (ITS) 2015
Funchal, Madeira, Portugal
November 15-18, 2015
ACM ITS is the premier venue for research in the design, development and use of new and emerging interactive surface technologies. ACM ITS 2015 welcomes original, high-quality research and industry contributions that advance the state-of-the-art in the area of interactive surfaces (including tabletops, large displays, mobile, and mini devices). The conference embraces innovations in a wide variety of areas including design, software, hardware, understanding of use, and applications or deployments of interactive surfaces. This year’s event will be held at the Vidamar Resort Madeira hotel on the wonderful island of Madeira in Portugal.
Call for Demos, Art + Videos:
The ITS Demo, Art + Videos session provides a great opportunity for authors to present their installations, exhibitions, prototypes, products and applications to conference attendees. We will provide a large area in which you will be able to showcase your best interactive experiences and commercial products. Our goal is to provide a highly interactive forum for lively discussions and hands-on experiences.
Copyright to ITS Demo, Art + Videos abstracts is retained by the authors, and the material from them can be used as the basis for future publications as long as there are "significant" revisions from the original. However, submissions that include an extended abstract will be included in the ACM Digital Library so other researchers are able to find, read, and cite them.
- August 28, 2015 5:00 p.m. PDT: Deadline for submissions
- September 11, 2015 : Notifications
- September 18, 2015: Camera-ready deadline
All Demo, Art + Video submissions should include the following details.
- A 2-4 page paper in the SIGCHI extended abstract format (http://www.sigchi.org/publications/chipubform). Submissions should not be anonymized. Accepted submissions will be published on the ACM digital library. This submission should clearly describe: what the demo will consist of in practice; what the experience of using the demo is for attendees. Please do not just re-submit paper track documents.
- A still image of the demonstration in JPG or PNG format showing the envisioned setup in 16:9 aspect ratio with a minimum resolution of 1920x1080 pixels.
- A technical supplement following this format (PDF or Word template).
- A mandatory video of up to 3 minutes length and at most 50MB in size. See how to successfully make a demo video.
Demos, Art + Videos should be submitted through the Precision
Conference system (https://precisionconference.com/~sigchi/) by 5:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time on August 28th, 2015. Your submission will be juried with regard to its relevance, potential interest to the ITS participants, novelty and feasibility (in terms of space and technical requirements). If your submission is based on a full or short paper submission to ITS 2015, please indicate the number of the paper on the submission website.
We are looking forward to your exciting Demo, Art + Videos submissions, and to getting in touch with them at ACM ITS 2015 in Madeira! If you have any questions regarding your submission, don't hesitate to contact the chairs at the address given below.
Formatting instructions: http://www.sigchi.org/publications/chipubform
Precision Conference Submission: https://precisionconference.com/~sigchi/
[log in to unmask]
Demos, Art + Videos Co-Chairs:
Tom Bartindale, Culture Lab, Newcastle University
Ian Oakley, Interactions Lab, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology
Valentina Nisi, Madeira Interactive Technologies Institute (M-ITI), University of Madeira
Pedro Branco, engageLab, University of Minho