CONLANG  September 2015, Week 2

CONLANG September 2015, Week 2

Re: USAGE: mother and mommy

Damian Dootdoot <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 10 Sep 2015 21:42:35 -0500

I'm under the impression that in many Spanish-speaking cultures, it is
considered good manners to address one's parents in a formal register.
Thus the parents would be addressed as "madre" or "padre" but referred
to otherwise as "madre", "mamá",  "mami", or whatever is preferred on
part of the speaker. However, I cannot confirm this from experience.

~*~