CONLANG  September 2015, Week 2

CONLANG September 2015, Week 2

Re: Reboot

Gary Shannon <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 12 Sep 2015 22:09:26 -0700

Well, SSM was my original idea, but then I decided to use that as a
jumping-off point. It's more like a framework to build on creatively. The
one thing I'm not good at is working without structure and organization. I
get lost and overwhelmed too easily! :)

So when I start feeling like I'm lost at sea, I have something I can use as
a life raft to keep from drowning in details or drifting off course with
some random current. It may, in fact, end up being SSM, but I'm not
necessarily going to hold myself rigidly to that. Perhaps it will end up
being a language which, in it's stone-age origins, was SSM, but became more
flexible with age.

For the time being I'm looking at the very shortest possible words and
deciding which pronoun, which article, and which preposition should be
assigned to each. (Taking care, of course, to avoid mapping my prepositions
to the same roles as English prepositions. I don't want a relex, after all.
I'm thinking I may have far fewer prepositions than English.)