Re: Coordinate attributes vs. CSS / <surface> and @points

Lou Burnard <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 6 Nov 2015 08:47:58 +0000

Good questions, and certainly the text of the Guidelines needs to
clarify this point. But (I think) the answers are actually quite
obvious, if not very helpful. As you note, CSS requires you to express
units, and the TEI co-ordinate system (used identically on surface and
zone) forbids you to do so. The two methods are going about their
business in different ways and combining them therefore doesn't make a
lot of sense.