CONLANG  November 2015, Week 5

CONLANG November 2015, Week 5

Making Font from Written Language

Phil B <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 30 Nov 2015 23:16:11 -0500

Need your help guys.

Working on a conlang of my own. Got most of the written portion done, but
having trouble translating the characters into the normal western Unicode
map. I need to know if there is a way to modify it or create my own Unicode
map. Would also need to be able to put in conditions where if two kinds of
glyphs are next to each other that it will automatically change to a
different character on the map without manually entering it. Best examples
I can think of is in English, if you type 1st, in most fonts the "st"
automatically becomes superscript and underlined. Or in Japanese, if a word
is typed in Katakana or Hiragana but there is a Kanji equivalent that is
used, it will change it to the Kanji character. So help please.

Thanks in advance.

Phil