CONLANG  January 2016, Week 3

CONLANG January 2016, Week 3

Re: Alien Language Bits from Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Nina-Kristine Johnson <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 15 Jan 2016 23:51:05 -0500

Daya!  (Heya!)

Reminds me of when my ex would play that online Star Wars game: I'd
oarticularly observe the Huttese spoken.

Recently, I watched Return of the Jedi and noticed when Jabba would use
names when addressing (for example) Luke or Han and sub-titles would
translate them as pronouns. (e.g Jedi = you when addressing Luke). Seems as
though the game my ex played stayed true to that.

I should research Huttese more, but is it just me or does that language
lack the pronoun 'you' (pretty certain it applies to he/she, as well)?

Sorry, just an observation...

Tisala'e!,
Kristine