CONLANG  January 2016, Week 3

CONLANG January 2016, Week 3

Re: Alien Language Bits from Star Wars: The Force Awakens

"Michael D. Martin" <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 15 Jan 2016 21:22:22 -0800

I play the online game Star Wars: The Old Republic with my friend and one of the things we've come to be mildly annoyed by is when the NPCs speak an alien language, because all the developers did was record a few lines for each language and then play those lines back in random order no matter what is actually being said. It was funny at first, but we've been playing for a couple years and the constant repetition has gotten old.

I was really hoping that with the new Star Wars movies that they would make an effort to create real conlangs for the Star Wars universe. Very disappointing that they haven't.

Could maybe the Language Creation Society contact Lucasfilm and offer their services?

Michael D. Martin
"This email sent with 100% recycled electrons."