CONLANG  January 2016, Week 3

CONLANG January 2016, Week 3

Re: Kůlp Månifesto

Logan Streondj <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 21 Jan 2016 23:05:11 -0500

While I don't know where it's from, I'm not entirely surprised.
I think of Southern Ontario as the alveolar ridge of north america,
if you imagine the oldest mountain-range (Canadian Shield, almost 4billion
years old) as the head.
Anyways weird geographical analogies aside,  there  are a lot of different
cultures in Toronto, all of them with their own communities, which speak
their own languages, and wear their own clothings,  while accepting each
other in their diversity.  People can live for many years (decades if they
don't prioritize citizenship) without actually needing to learn English.
This kind of makes language innovation more likely,
for instance Toki Pona is from Toronto.
Wish I could help more, but there are literally millions of people there.
based on the morphology and phonology of their langauge, I'd venture as to
guess they are of south eastern european heritage, Polish or Italian maybe.

Sincerely,
Logan