CONLANG  March 2016, Week 2

CONLANG March 2016, Week 2

Headlessness

Sylvia Sotomayor <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 13 Mar 2016 18:17:49 -0700

I am working on a grammar for a new language (looks a bit like the
previous one) and I just found myself writing: "Obligatorily possessed
nouns can become dispossessed by appending =yo to the noun, as in
pe=lene sono=yo (COLL=pile head=dispossessed) ‘a pile of heads’. An
obligatorily possessed noun must first be dispossessed before it can
be lacking: sono=yo=tepe (head=dispossessed=lacking) ‘without a
head’." because it is so very important to be able to talk about
headless beings and piles of heads. :-)

-S