The Department of Emergency Medicine at the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University is seeking Academic Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physicians
We seek to hire two additional faculty members.
This opportunity affords the chosen applicants to join a well established group of 7 fellowship- trained and dual- trained body of physicians who presently provide the clinical care to 30,000 patients at the Children’s Hospital of Georgia Emergency Department
This opportunity includes:
- A well established Pediatric Emergency Medicine fellowship with 2 fellows per year
- Practicing in a 16 bed tertiary pediatric emergency department seeking Level I Pediatric ACS Trauma Designation
- Contributing to an exciting academic environment with supervision of PEM fellows, residents and students of all levels
- Caring for patients with state of the art technology: SPARQ and Affinity ultrasound machines, multiple modalities for video laryngoscopy, Phillips imaging, and Cerner systems of documentation
- Working with an outstanding nursing staff who average 10 years of pediatric emergency nursing care and who have additional nursing certifications in ENPC, and TNCC
- Access to collegial and comprehensive pediatric surgical and medical subspecialties
- Excellent working relationship with the faculty of the Children's Hospital of Georgia
- Teaching in an outstanding educational environment with an Emergency Medicine residency program (39 residents) that enjoys a military affiliation and attracts residents that perform in the top 5th percentile on their in-service exams
- Access to a state of the art simulation center housed in the new $65 million Educational Commons, the new academic home of the Medical College of Georgia student body.
- Multiple research opportunities with focus in ultrasound, ketamine use, disaster medicine, emergency airways and pre-hospital medicine
- Assistance by two departmental research PhDs
- Participation in a department with fellowships and programs in Wilderness Medicine, International Medicine, Tactical Medicine, Ultrasound, and EMS.
- Strong academic support and assigned faculty administrative staff
- Supportive pediatric and emergency medicine chairs both in faculty career advancement and enhancement
Applicants for this position should be board eligible or board certified in Pediatric Emergency Medicine. Administrative leadership experience (2 or more years) would be required to be considered for an administrative appointment. Established evidence of a passion for teaching, research experience and excellent clinical care is a requirement. Please visit our departmental website for more information on our section. http://www.augusta.edu/mcg/em/ed/fellowships/pediatric/index.php
Augusta University is home to some remarkable achievements both in research and clinical care. http://www.augustahealth.org/ Children’s Hospital of Georgia was recently ranked #1 in Safety and Quality in Pediatric Care in the UHC report. The chosen applicants will find a great professional and personal home should they be chosen to join the section. Augusta boasts sunny weather 12 months out of the year, an affordable and livable area of the country with access to fabulous outdoor activities and cultural events. Big town in little town clothing. Don’t tell anyone- it's a secret.
If interested, please email or mail your curriculum vitae to the addresses below.
For further information, don’t hesitate to contact me:
Natalie E. Lane, MD
Section Chief, Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Department of Emergency Medicine AF-2021
Medical College of Georgia
Augusta, Georgia 30912
Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the message: info PED-EM-L
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: