Help for TEI-L Archives

TEI-L Archives

TEI-L@LISTSERV.BROWN.EDU

TEI-L Home

TEI-L  June 2016

TEI-L June 2016

Digital Humanities at Oxford Summer School 2016: Registration Deadline Approaching!

James Cummings <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 1 Jun 2016 16:51:34 +0100

   Please forward!

There are less than two weeks left before the registration
deadline of 13 June 2016 for the Digital Humanities at Oxford
Summer School (4-8 July 2016). Two of our workshops are now full,
but the other 6 still have room. I'd especially highlight two
workshops that are new this year, one on "Analysing Humanities
Data" (which uses the Wolfram Language for the analysis,
processing and visualisation of humanities data), and the other
on "Social Humanities: Citizens at Scale in the Digital World"
(looking at social media, citizen science and social machines).
Not sure which to take? Our ever-popular "An Introduction to
Digital Humanities" workshop gives a thorough overview of the
theory and practice of Digital Humanities. There is also our
"Introduction to TEI" workshop as well!

Register as soon a possible to guarantee a place! There are
reduced fees for academics and students.
Block booking discounts are also available. Any questions? Ask
[log in to unmask] for more information.

-James

====
Digital Humanities at Oxford Summer School
             4 - 8 July 2016

Scholarship -- Application -- Community

http://digital.humanities.ox.ac.uk/dhoxss/2016/

Do you work in the Humanities or support people who do?

Are you interested in how the digital can help your research?

Come and learn from experts with participants from around the
world, from every field and career stage, to develop your
knowledge and acquire new skills.

Immerse yourself for a week in one of our 8 workshop strands, and
widen your horizons through the keynote and additional sessions.

Workshops:

An Introduction to Digital Humanities
   "Expert insights into our digital landscape"

An Introduction to the Guidelines of the Text Encoding Initiative
   "Markup for Textual Research"

Analysing Humanities Data
   "An Introduction to Knowledge-Based Computing with the Wolfram
Language"

Digital Musicology
   "Applied computational and informatics methods for enhancing
musicology"

 From Text to Tech [FULL]
   "Corpus and Computational Linguistics for powerful text
processing in the Humanities"

Humanities Data: A Hands-On Approach
   "Making the Most of Messy Data"

Linked Data for Digital Humanities [FULL]
   "Publishing, Querying, and Linking on the Semantic Web"

Social Humanities: Citizens at Scale in the Digital World
   "Social Media, Citizen Science, and Social Machines"

Keynotes:
- Opening Keynote: Identifying the point of it all: Towards a
Model of "Digital Infrapuncture", Deb Verhoeven (Deakin University)
- Closing Keynote: Open Access and Digital Humanities -- Opening
up to the World, Isabel Galina, (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de
México)

Additional Lectures:
Supplement your chosen workshop with a choice of 3 from 9
additional morning lectures sessions (Tue-Thurs) covering a
variety of Digital Humanities topics.
http://digital.humanities.ox.ac.uk/dhoxss/2016/lectures

Evening Events:
Join us for events every evening, include a research poster and
drinks reception, the annual TORCH Digital Humanities lecture,
and a dinner at Exeter College.
http://digital.humanities.ox.ac.uk/dhoxss/2016/events

Registration:
Reduced fees are available for academics and students, as well as
group bookings see the registration page at
http://digital.humanities.ox.ac.uk/dhoxss/2016/registration for
details.

For more information see:
http://digital.humanities.ox.ac.uk/dhoxss/2016/

Directors of DHOxSS,
James Cummings
Pip Willcox

--
Dr James Cummings, Academic IT Services, University of Oxford,
Registration Open: Digital Humanities at Oxford Summer School,