CONLANG  June 2016, Week 1

CONLANG June 2016, Week 1

Re: What language does this conlang resemble when you look at it. (Warning: contains translation of infamous copy pasta) OR Conlang Challenge?

Mat Trinsic <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 7 Jun 2016 09:37:07 -0400

Logan Kearsley wrote:
> Date:    Mon, 6 Jun 2016 20:23:41 -0600
> From:    Logan Kearsley<[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: What language does this conlang resemble when you look at it. (Warning: contains translation of infamous copy pasta)
>
> On 6 June 2016 at 17:07, James Brown<[log in to unmask]>  wrote:
>> >Pershes nöðeg. Érol James-es kúsano ök nöðeg hhátkerdav baikiðet. Terte
>> >E-Mail-as igraðet, ök kág ilansa ganja laové. Érol  tie hunagatigraduet:
>> >
>> >pershes ierodom erol ís!!!!!!!!!!! sporekes tsopevet érol katy-u kusano, ja
>> >nöþ rag P3nGWinES bOChor kusagidemtosar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stosto... kom nöþ
>> >baikemveþ érol ugaljelagvúno!!!! tian naz, pénom érol tebrus-tian samoruet,
>> >ugaljelaga ieroda kom érol vuénevard_...kág 13a (öbrilana) mínatoda tosar
>> >(érol sá mínatékalj mínatómasnum!!) Inveidörzimes baikard idierg/ kág
>> >jörtnaz (érol bi, tá nág jört lavao, södnigát baik) rí uad2 jörtvopadtatos
>> >tivishowos!!! ténom rí HHÚÚÚÚÚÚTugaljela!!!! rí zyz ugaljela govjobamata ja
>> >érol deshevet mérdekes ugaljelages ierodes omsamorerd =) kom bó nihhevé ú
>> >mérdek ú sjantá!!!! stosto… érol omurnvat érol igraþet ómasmyralju
>> >ípakoevetogemu tebrus-tian, tú kág ómasmyralju tusetogemum!!!!
>> >BOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <- érol yksagugaljela pyn _ ^
>> >chéché…tódels!!!!!
>> >
>> >English: Hi y'all. I'm James and I am showing you my language. I'm doing it
>> >through email because I don't have another way. I did this stupidly
>> >(translated, not original writing):
>> >
>> >hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up spork my name is katy but u can call me
>> >t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i
>> >came here, 2 meet random ppl like me _… im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age
>> >tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it
>> >deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes
>> >random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the
>> >more the merrier!!!!lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give
>> >me lots of commentses!!!! DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein random
>> >again _^ hehe…toodles!!!!!
> Wow. I am seriously impressed. Under any other circumstance, I would
> gain no enjoyment at all from reading the weird 1337-5p33k ramblings
> of a 13 year old girl on the internet, but the fact that you are able
> to handle that level and style of informal writing in a conlang is
> amazing to me.
>
> To answer the question, though, I'd go with Turkish. Except that it
> has the wrong "i"s. I totally didn't even notice the eths/thorns until
> they were pointed out, though that would probably push me towards
> Icelandic, per Zach's answer, if they were a little more visually
> prominent. Just because I don't know of any other modern language that
> actually uses those letters (outside of my own handwriting in English,
> anyway....)
>
> -l.

Yes, very impressive. It gives me one of those lofty goals to aim for
with my own conlanging work. Alternatively, for those already with more
developed languages, it could make for an interesting conlang challenge.