PED-EM-L@LISTSERV.BROWN.EDU

Monospaced Font

PED-EM-L Home

PED-EM-L  July 2016

PED-EM-L July 2016

Opportunities at WASHU St. Louis

"Schnadower, David" <[log in to unmask]>

Schnadower, David

Thu, 7 Jul 2016 16:16:52 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

Greetings! The Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine at St. Louis Children's Hospital/ Washington University School of Medicine is growing and expanding. We are recruiting Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physicians (board certified/eligible) in both the clinician educator and the clinician scientist tracks with leadership opportunities in ultrasound, quality improvement, simulation and outreach.

Washington University and St. Louis Children's Hospital rank among the top medical schools and top children's hospitals in the US. The hospital has nearly completed a major expansion with 214,000 square foot of additional space in a 12-story new facility. The Emergency Department is a fantastic place to work with ~55,000 visits/year and a very busy ACS Verified Level 1 trauma center. The nursing staff is excellent and our busy QI program keeps the ED running smoothly and efficiently. The Pediatric Emergency Medicine group is friendly, successful and family-oriented. Our faculty have a wide-range of interests from clinical care and clinical education to translational and clinical research supported by K and R NIH level funding, as well as funding from other governmental and non-governmental sources. We belong to the federally-funded PECARN research network and to the Pediatric Emergency Medicine Collaborative Research Committee. Our faculty and fellows often receive teaching awards from both Pediatric and Emergency Medicine residents. We also lead and participate in many local, interdisciplinary and multicenter research studies. We have research assistants and students enrolling patients for clinical studies 16 hours per day in the ED. The Patient Oriented Research Unit at Washington University provides significant administrative support to our investigators. Our fellowship program is top notch and funded in part through an NIH T32 training grant. We host a yearly regional bootcamp for 20 first year fellows from 7 different PEM programs. Both the Department and the University provide a supportive and intellectually stimulating environment for clinical practice, education and investigation, with unique opportunities for inter- and intra-departmental collaborations. But most of all, we are a fun, relaxed, family oriented and friendly group of people who love working together. We offer very competitive salaries and excellent benefits.

The St. Louis metropolitan area has approximately 2.5 million people with diverse, beautiful urban and suburban neighborhoods and a moderate cost of living. There are abundant cultural and recreational opportunities. These include a world-class symphony orchestra, two opera companies, professional theater and dance, and major league teams in baseball and hockey. In addition, there are many parks (including the 1,300 acre Forest Park right across from the hospital) and trails for hiking, jogging and cycling. Finally, St. Louis area offers outstanding public and private schools and a wide variety of child friendly attractions making it wonderful place to raise children. I moved to St. Louis 6 years ago after living 15 years in New York City and continue to be impressed with the cultural diversity and with the amazing quality of life available for my family. St. Louis is one of the most underestimated urban areas in the US... a well-kept secret that I am now sharing with you!

If interested or have any questions please contact us by email or phone and please send Dr. Kim Quayle your CV.

David

David Schnadower, MD MPH

Associate Professor of Pediatrics

Fellowship Director and Associate Division Director (Research) Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine Washington University School of Medicine

660 S Euclid Avenue, Campus Box 8116

St. Louis, MO 63110

(314) 747 5604

[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]:[log in to unmask]>>

Kimberly Quayle, MD

Professor of Pediatrics

Interim Director, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine Washington University School of Medicine

660 S Euclid Avenue, Campus Box 8116

St. Louis, MO 63110

(314) 454-2341

[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]:[log in to unmask]>>

The materials in this email are private and may contain Protected Health Information. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return email.

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html