Help for TEI-L Archives

TEI-L Archives

TEI-L@LISTSERV.BROWN.EDU

TEI-L Home

TEI-L  July 2016

TEI-L July 2016

Re: biblStruct - redundant storage of superordinate bibliographic information for articles

Martina Gödel <[log in to unmask]>

Martina Gödel <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 28 Jul 2016 11:28:09 +0200

Dear Elisa,
thank you very much for this detailed insight into your approach. This
helps a lot.

It is an interesting thought to take a step back from <biblStruct> to
<bibl> again, to be able to encode more freely. Using a schematron
stylesheet to imitate most of the biblStruct contraints given by the TEI
Guidelines, but leaving out the ones that are making this so difficult.
But two questions arise:
* In what way are your files created, do editors work on that or are you
starting from existing non TEI files?
* Do you generate any other formats on basis of your TEI-files? Like
RIS, BibTeX? We are planning to do so and without using <biblStruct> I
fear this has to be from scratch?

Thank you very much and all the best,

Martina