CONLANG  September 2016, Week 4

CONLANG September 2016, Week 4

Re: Jose, can you hear the Dawn's early light?

Sabrina <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 26 Sep 2016 15:58:14 -0700

@adam marshall dobrin

why tf are you posting this half-baked xtian nonsense on a conlang list

to address some of the few linguistic-related ideas here:

1) “Eventually, sooner if you do something to help, what I've written will prove that the "Fire of Prometheus," in the myth he "stole language," is actually proof that all of our languages are artificially constructed”

• wtf are you even on about. first of all, prometheus is a fucking greek myth and thus has shit-all to do with christianity. also, I’m not an ancient greek dude or anything, but I’m pretty sure prometheus stole…you know…fire. even if prometheus was a christian myth, and even if he ‘stole language’ (from who? to give to who? what does it mean to ‘steal language’?) that has absolutely zero impact on the real world, where there is no proof that humans ever spoke one original language or that such an original language was artificially constructed. in fact, that a conlang could have sprung wholesale from some early humans’ brains seems ludicrous, as modern conlangs are based on modern understandings of language, which requires language to already exist.

2) "Yesterday I pointed out what I see as clear references to modern English in some "names of Gods" throughout our history--today I have a little more to say about that, starting with "Uranus" and "Jesus" which I've talked about before... but it's such a pivotal and "awesome" connection that I think it's a good place to start. Cracking the name Uranus splits two ways for me... but first it’s important, I think, to point out that this is the Roman Sky God... which is an "Adamic" equivalent for the "God of Heaven."  So either way you break it, "you ran, it's us" or "Your *an us"*  it does a good job of matching our carpenter (of Heaven)'s macaronic (that's Spanglish here)'s soul's exclamation (that's what names mean, to remind you) that "J is *Us.””

• I have no idea what you’re talking about with ‘references to modern English in some names of gods’ but let me point out to you that false cognates are a very real thing. contrary to what movies say, coincidences are a thing. there are only so many sounds humans can produce and so many ways they can be combined; that some false cognates should appear seems inevitable. it’s also meaningless. stuff sounds like other stuff sometimes. also, Uranus was not pronounced “your anus” by actual ancient romans (probably something like “your uh nuhs” or “oo rah noos”; I’m no latin expert) so your sound equivalencies are not only meaningless but false to begin with (and also don’t make any logical sense; wtf is ‘you ran; it’s us’ supposed to mean?)

3) "Awesome *you might easily or with some scrutiny find to be somewhat humorous as it's "a we...* so me."*   It’s important to clarify that my "a we" is clearly defined in an as of yet mentioned Hebrew name of God... Elohim.  In Hebrew, the "im" suffix denotes plurality, and I tend to see this as a superposition of "angels" and “God" in the place in the future where we all get what we want (I think we still want it) universal voting, self rule, you know... a Republic of Heaven. Anyway, to tie it together, if you follow my "mythology" I am the “El" of Is-ra-el and in addition to being a Hebrew word for "strong" I see the Spanish double meaning of both "him" and "the" as ... relevant.  Just to make this more complicated, I'll once again mention Elisha, which correlates the Spanish and Hebrew for "the" (and Holy) through the English "is," and mention that I've previously defined this "acronym" as *to help everyone.*”

• first of all, I hope your ‘a we’ nonsense doesn’t stem from the four-letter name of G-d…because a) it’s not supposed to be pronounced and b) that isn’t how it would be pronounced. the “-im” suffix, from a historical perspective, likely comes from a time before monotheism was fully intact within the Jewish community. in practice, it’s ‘plurality’ is meaningless, like how “pants” is technically the plural of “pant” but no one in their right mind would say “a pant”; you’d have to say “a pant leg.”
• secondly, “Israel” doesn’t mean “I am the el” that’s patently absurd. “Israel” or rather “Yisra'el” more-or-less means ‘he wrestles with g-d’.
• thirdly, Spanish is not even remotely related to Hebrew, and, again, you’re into the realm of false cognates.
• “elisha”, if you bothered to google it, is pronounced “ee lie shuh” [ilɑɪʃǝ] and thus (not that it would matter because false cognate) there is nothing resembling the English word “is” within this name.

4) "From King David (whose "root” or beginning of his name happens to be my initials in reverse, bent over backwards) to David Letterman... every "J" in the Bible is basically “for Jesus.”"
• hahahahahaha
• no
• the root of ‘david’ is daled-vav-daled. Your initials are a m d — in hebrew, I suppose this would be aleph-mem-daled. So…one letter matches.
• There are no “j”s in the bible. And even if there were, claiming that they somehow all stand for “for jesus” is clearly pulled out of your ass. Is has no basis in reality and as a theory is completely groundless.

5) ""Ka" by the way, is Adamic for the "body of Christ" (literally)"
• wtf is ‘adamic’ ‘cause it certainly isn’t, like, a language.

6) "On this thing that is called "J-er-USA-le-m this interaction between J and the USA that Heaven pops out of--the light is spread, bright, and right... the world is *basically the same*—it's time to fall the wall.”
• I have no idea what you’re talking about in this sentence, but Jerusalem is only spelled that way in English. In Hebrew, it’s “Yerushalayim”. And even in English…false cognate. the fact that is happens to contain the string of letters “usa” has no meaning. It’s a coincidence.

This whole thing reads like a super-long spam email asking for money. It’s poorly worded, poorly organized, and has jack-shit to do with conlanging. Please take your xtrian conspiracy theories (or whatever this is) elsewhere.

— Sabrina