CONLANG February 2017, Week 4

Re: Conlangs side-by-side

Doug Barton <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 28 Feb 2017 17:02:15 -0500

I guess I should say that grammatically Lusitanian is different from
Portuguese and other IE languages in that it's shed gender, number and
all inflectional endings, for example, using traditional terms, in
pronouns https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0m_-64EIoH6STlWN3c3SS1LSXM
. The only inflections to speak of are contrasting +/- plural stems in
nouns and +/- perfect stems in verbs (+plural or perfect stems
palatalize the final stem consonant), and of course number in pronouns
as shown in attached. Syntactic relationships are shown through word
order, prepositions and apposition (an option for genitives). A pretty
rich subsystem of adverbial particles can be drawn on to refine aspect,
modality, time and mood.

The alphabet is another matter. What you saw is really the "New
Lusitanian Script", which in the Middle Ages ousted the original or
"Ancient Script":
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0m_-64EIoH6bUNEQllRUkVqUlk