CONLANG  February 2017, Week 4

CONLANG February 2017, Week 4

Re: On The Proper Use of Conlangs in Literature

Seth KAZAN <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 22 Feb 2017 21:44:57 +0100

The specificity of the writer is to produce imagination ...

Using real artifacts (conlang) reduces his power, and, to tell the truth,
the charm he exerts  over his audience, ready to believe, if he has the
talent, to all the inventions that he can make credible by the only power
of words ...

In  fantastic or sci-fi worlds even more that must anticipate the future
limits , limiting science (linguistics) to the only present is in my sense
a contradiction ...

And to only make a background, its a hard work to replace their usual
trompe l'oeil...

--
odd-language.tumblr.com