Help for PED-EM-L Archives

PED-EM-L Archives

PED-EM-L@LISTSERV.BROWN.EDU

PED-EM-L Home

PED-EM-L  June 2017

PED-EM-L June 2017

Opening for a Clinical Chief of Emergency Medicine

Rob Freishtat <[log in to unmask]>

Rob Freishtat <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 8 Jun 2017 09:30:28 -0400

Dear Colleagues,

The Division of Emergency Medicine at Children’s National Health System currently has an opening for a Clinical Chief of Emergency Medicine. Below I've provided details about our organization and the position we wish to fill.

Children’s National is the only free-standing children’s hospital and the only Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center in Washington, DC. Children’s National has two Emergency Departments: 1) a 40 bed ED located at our main campus and 2) a 15 bed ED at United Medical Center in Southeast Washington, DC. Between the two campuses we see >130,000 pediatric ED visits a year. We currently have over 40 Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physicians and 12 fellows. Our large and diverse faculty consists of successful clinicians, educators, scientists, and advocates. Our physicians have full faculty appointments in the George Washington University School of Medicine.

The Clinical Chief of Emergency Medicine will be part of the Division’s executive leadership team (with the Chief of Emergency Medicine and the Director of Emergency Nursing). She/he will manage a staff of Medical Unit Directors to lead the day-to-day clinical operations and educational efforts of the Division. These will be in line with the strategic and financial goals set for the Division by the Chief of Emergency Medicine. In this effort, she/he will work closely with and advise the Chief of Emergency Medicine. The successful candidate will have a MD or DO with at least 7 years of experience in Pediatric Emergency Medicine and previous experience managing a program in an academic setting. She/he should have excellent analytical and leadership skills and the ability to lead the entire range of problem solving work; definition, analysis, proposal, execution and evaluation.

The Washington, DC area is a great place to live with a variety of options for lifestyle and recreation. In addition to numerous art museums, galleries, theaters and restaurants, DC has easy access to the Blue Ridge Mountains and the beaches of the Eastern Shore. The climate is mild with warm summers and snowy winters, along with beautiful falls and springs. Uniquely, as the home to the US government, DC offers numerous opportunities to be involved in advocacy work. DC is close to 3 major airports and easily accessible to NYC, Boston and Philadelphia by car/train.

Please feel free to call or email me any with your interest or suggestions for candidates. Also, please feel free to share this job specification within your network.

Sincerely,
Robert J. Freishtat, MD, MPH
Chief of Emergency Medicine, Children’s National Health System
Professor of Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine, and Integrative Systems Biology
George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
111 Michigan Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20010
(202) 476-2971

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html