BASE Camp VIII: Multidisciplinary Pediatric Emergency Medicine Conference
WHO: First-year PEM Fellows and all Pediatric Emergency Nurses
WHAT: BASE Camp is a high-intensity, FULLY IMMERSIVE simulation-based conference organized by a multidisciplinary collaborative of expert PEM, Critical Care, Surgery, and Anesthesia faculty. Using state-of-the-art high fidelity simulators, BASE Camp brings together fellows and nurses for hands-on experiences in:
1) Teamwork and Crisis Resource Management behaviors
2) Approach to the difficult airway with advanced airway techniques
3) Emergency trauma procedural skills (on simulators, human and animal cadavers)
BASE Camp is an exciting opportunity for fellows to experience critical high-stakes, low frequency pediatric emergencies as the LEADER of a interdisciplinary team of physicians and nurses. Featuring many simulators, airway devices, and cadaver models, fellows will practice crucial emergency procedural skills to fulfill key ACGME PEM fellowship procedural requirements.
Now in its EIGHTH year, BASE Camp has hosted fellows from over 30 PEM fellowships across the country.
WHEN: Saturday-Sunday, November 11-12, 2017
WHERE: NewYork Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York City
REGISTRATION - Deadline: October 20, 2017
- Fellows: $375 for first-year PEM fellows on a limited-enrollment basis to ensure small groups for maximum hands-on opportunities.
- Nurses: $200 and includes 16 CE credits
For more information and to register, email [log in to unmask] or see: http://pembasecamp.org
For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the message: info PED-EM-L
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: