Help for PED-EM-L Archives

PED-EM-L Archives

PED-EM-L@LISTSERV.BROWN.EDU

PED-EM-L Home

PED-EM-L  August 2017

PED-EM-L August 2017

Re: PED-EM-L Digest - 17 Aug 2017 to 18 Aug 2017 (#2017-166)

A Pohlgeers <[log in to unmask]>

A Pohlgeers <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 19 Aug 2017 10:46:14 -0400

I would say Yes to all of your "Should/Would" scenarios. It all depends on how much you want to do in the PED. Transfuse there vs floor vs back of the 'bus'.

 I am sure your critical care transport team could handle blood transfusion complications; but, do want them handling that in the back of a 'bus'? That is my only question. We don't generally transport patients, even within the hospital, who are receiving blood unless it's while running to the OR.

Moving to the Netherlands, although I've only been in an airport there, sounds like a nice option too. They have excellent beer. That sometimes helps when dealing with admin. I'm sure they just have a different set of headaches.

Anthony Pohlgeers, MD
Mobile Device