CONLANG  September 2017, Week 1

CONLANG September 2017, Week 1

Re: Writing your conlang

James Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 2 Sep 2017 04:40:33 -0400

Itlani has a writing system called *Datáb. *It has both a block letter
square form and a cursive form most often used in handwriting. In all of my
hand written material I use the Datáb exclusively and can write in it very
well. It took me longer to be able to read it fluently and I must admit
that I can write in Databic script more easily than I can read it. I have
several different fonts for typing in Itlani. Two samples of Itlani fonts
can be seen in an article I wrote for this month's Fiat Lingua website.

Another interesting and completely unexpected development was that after I
developed a standardized Romanization for Itlani, *Romteynsál, *I love it
so much that I started alternating between it and the Databic, so that now
all my handwritten material uses the Databic script and my typed material
alternates between Romanization and Datáb.

Tsiasuk (Jim)