CONLANG  October 2017, Week 2

CONLANG October 2017, Week 2

Re: [OT] Latin for "that what should be shall be"?

Sai <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 10 Oct 2017 10:23:36 +0100

I've found one example of 'fiat fiendum':

S. Chrodegangi
Metensis Episcopi
(742—766)
Regula Canonicorum
AUS DEM LEIDENER CODEX VOSSIANUS LATINUS 94  MIT UMSCHRIFT DER TIRONISCHEN
NOTEN

p. 13 ¶ 20-23:
<https://archive.org/stream/regulacanonicor00chrogoog#page/n19/mode/2up>

(Italics original, not sure if it'll get through, nor what it signifies.)

---
20 *Lectionem*[17]* vero fratres in ac*[18] qua-
21 dragensima a Prima *dicta usque ad Tertiam plenam* vacent, *et* foras
claustra[19] *nisi tantum per illas ecclesias*
22 *qui infra domum sunt non egrendiantur, nisi si* necesse *fuerit et
episcopus aut qui sub eo sunt* iudicaverit[20], *ut, quod fiat *
23 fiendum[21] *est*."

17) Lectionem] Lectioni
18) *ac]* hac
19) claustra] claustrũ
20) *et episcopus* — iudicaverit ] *diese Worte fehlen in L²*
21) *ut quod fiat *fiendum *est]* ut quod daciendum est fiat.* In L¹ lies:
ut fiat quod *fiendum* est.*
---

I don't know what the above means, though here's a google translate of it.
Part of footnote 20 is obviously German, not Latin.

---
The reading of the of the brothers who are in, and as-dragensima by the
First-called, to go to the third full of themselves to God, to the outside
world the barriers, but only by means of these churches, which are below
the house, not to them egrendiantur, unless, indeed, it may be necessary,
and the bishop, or of those who were under him have a judgment against him,
so that what has it done to this would be accomplished it is.

17) Lesson] reading
18) and] that
19) barriers] barriers
20) The chief officer - decides] [[German:]] these words are missing in L²
21) which may be done] so that it is daciendum. The L¹ lies, it should be
done.
---

- Sai