Acute Stroke

Benjamin Heilbrunn <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 22 Dec 2017 13:04:54 -0600

Dear Colleagues,

I am investigating the care of acute stroke in pediatric patients and hope
to gain some insight into how others are practicing nationally and
internationally. This is a very regimented part of adult emergency medicine
practice and I wonder how much variability exists in our community and with
our patient population. If individuals are willing to share I would be
interested to know the following:

1. Does your pediatric emergency department or emergency department that
cares for pediatric patients have a stroke activation team specifically for
children?
2. Does your institution have a clinical guideline specifically for
pediatric stroke? Does it vary significantly from care of adults and their
guideline?
3. If said guideline exists would you be willing to share information with
the group?

Any consideration, thoughts or insight on this matter would be very much
appreciated. I wish all a wonderful holiday season and good new year.

Regards,

Ben Heilbrunn

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html