Pediatric Emergency Medicine Opportunity at Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock Arkansas, Level One Pediatric Trauma PED. The PED has 4 resuscitation/trauma room, total of 38 rooms with ability to expand to adjacent patient care areas during peak periods. All entry-level PEM: assistant, associate and professor academic openings are available. Clinical track and Academic Clinical Educator track available. The ACH PED is a full service academic Pediatric Emergency Department servicing the entire state of Arkansas.
Please take a moment to consider this opportunity:
1. Administrative opportunities with protected administrative time: Statewide Pediatric EMS, EMS/Nursing Outreach Program and Disaster Management Director, Director of Pediatric U/S with opportunities for developing a PEM U/S Fellowship Program, PEM Research Director, and statewide PED Telemedicine capabilities.
For PEM research the Division of PEM has a dedicated and very active Clinical Research Assistant program for internal and national PEM research studies and industry studies. This program has been present since 2013 to present with completion of many internal and national PEM studies.
Arkansas Children's Hospital will be opening in 2017-18 an extension hospital in Northwest Arkansas with a 21 bed PED.
1. Opportunities for Academic and Clinical PEM Attendings with highly competitive.
· Faculty appointment at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences at the Assistant, Associate or Professor level with a primary appointment in the Department of Pediatrics.
· Compensation is competitive at > 50-75%ile nationally with an additional sign-on bonus
· Excellent benefits include family health insurance coverage and outstanding retirement investment program
· 35 vacation/holidays per year
· The Department of Pediatrics has an award winning faculty development and P & T mentorship program, excellent medical, dental & retirement compensation.
· Practice location is at Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock
· Arkansas Children's Hospital is the only tertiary pediatric hospital in the state with a population of approximately 3 million
· The ACH campus spans 36 city blocks
· ACH has a staff of approximately 505 physicians, and over 200 residents in pediatrics and pediatric specialties
· ACH currently employs more than 4,400 employees
· ACH is financially sound and constantly growing, and has been ranked by Fortune Magazine as one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
· Little Rock is a mid-size metropolitan area with a population of just over 700,000.
· The typical commute to work is 20 minutes or less
· Arkansas is a beautiful state with pristine lakes and low range mountains where outdoor opportunities abound
· The cost of living and housing costs are quite low
We would greatly appreciate your time in considering this great academic opportunity. If you have an interest, please contact me via return email, direct call or email or call Melissa Moore at 501-3641050.
Thomas J. Abramo, M.D., FAAP, FACEP
Professor of Pediatric and Emergency Medicine
University of Arkansas School of Medicine
Section Chief Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Office: 501-364-2299; Email: [log in to unmask]
For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the message: info PED-EM-L
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: