Fellowship Director

Curt Stankovic <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 19 Jan 2018 12:58:45 -0500

The Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine at the Children’s Hospital of Michigan (Detroit, MI) is searching for a visionary medical educator to direct the division’s Pediatric Emergency Medicine (PEM) Fellowship. Experienced assistant program directors or current program directors are encouraged to consider this opportunity to provide leadership to one of the largest ACGME accredited PEM fellowship programs in the country. The program has been enthusiastically training PEM fellows since the 1980’s   and currently has 12 fellows with one current fellow beginning post fellowship training in ultrasound this July.

The program director position is a full-time position that includes 8 clinical shifts per month with the remaining administrative time dedicated to fellowship program activities. The program director’s responsibilities include PEM fellowship recruitment, orientation, clinical and non-clinical educational programs, supervision of fellow research, fellow evaluations, and ongoing program evaluation. We are interested in expanding the scope of our fellowship and are seeking an individual with motivation to innovate our program. An assistant program director, a program coordinator, a medical education coordinator, a research coordinator, the division’s quality improvement team and the Department of Pediatrics office of Graduate Medical Education augment the division’s educational mission and assist in fellowship education.

The Children Hospital of Michigan’s Emergency Department cares for over 110,000 acutely ill or injured children annually, in a brand new 58 bed unit divided into 6 pods. The ED is part of a new critical care tower that opened in the summer of 2017 that also is home to a state-of-the-art imaging department, OR suites, NICU and a 2-floor PICU.  The hospital is level 1 ACS certified pediatric trauma and burn center. It has a full service NICU and PICU with pediatric cardiac surgery, transplant, and dialysis services. All major pediatric subspecialties services are provided. Our division trains a large number of Emergency Medicine residents from the surrounding metropolitan area and is interested in building its educational and research ties within this community.

In partnership with the Emergency Medicine Training program at Detroit Receiving Hospital, the division envisions non-ACGME post fellowship training opportunities in Global Health, Ultrasound, EMS and Disaster Management, Emergency and Community Public Health and Emergency Medicine Leadership. The Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship Director is a member of the division’s senior management team. Embracing the vision “We are building the best Pediatric ED in the Country” will be critical to your success in this exciting opportunity. For more information or if you are interested in apply please contact us.

Curt Stankovic, MD
Medical Director

Ronald Ruffing, MD. MPH.  MPS.
Interim Division Chief