St. Joseph’s University Medical Center, Division of Pediatric Emergency
Medicine, is seeking a full time medical director and pediatric emergency
physician. The Pediatric Emergency Department sees an annual volume over
40,000 children annually and is part of a larger Emergency Department that
sees > 110,000 visits per year. St. Joseph’s is located in Paterson, NJ,
just minutes from NYC and is a Level II Trauma Center.
Our Pediatric Emergency Department is staffed by Pediatric Emergency
Medicine fellowship-trained attendings and is also home to an outstanding
ACGME accredited Emergency Medicine and Pediatric Residency programs. We
offer a highly competitive salary and benefits.
The Pediatric Emergency Medical Director position is focused on operations
management in the Pediatric ED including flow, metrics, quality, and
patient satisfaction. The position will also come with an appointment as
Assistant Professor of Clinical Emergency Medicine as an academic title.
Below are some specific duties for the Pediatric Emergency Medical Director:
- Provide leadership and mentorship to ED attendings and residents.
- Develop innovative changes to meet the dynamic needs of the Pediatric
- Clinical shifts within the Pediatric Emergency Department. Shift
lengths vary from 8 hours to 12 hours.
- Administrative duties for the Emergency Department with paid protected
- Member of the Emergency Department Leadership Team, including weekly
executive committee and quality assurance meetings.
- Emergency Department liaison to the Children’s Hospital.
- Maintaining quality and core measures within the Pediatric Emergency
- Provide assistance and support for education of Pediatric Emergency
Medicine attendings and residency programs.
- Assist in the development and periodic review of policies and
procedures for pediatric care.
- Make recommendations on and monitor availability of pediatric
emergency equipment and medications.
- Ensure consistency of practice regarding pediatric emergency care
protocols, equipment, and standards across the organization.
- Interviews, hires, disciplines, and discharges (when necessary)
personnel for the Pediatric Emergency Department. Regularly evaluates the
performance of personnel according to the guidelines of the hospital’s
performance management system.
For additional information, please contact:
Mark Rosenberg, DO, MBA, FACEP, FAAHPM
Chairman, Emergency Medicine
Chief Innovation Officer (CINO)
Associate Professor, NYMC, Clinical Emergency Medicine
St. Joseph’s Health-NJ
Board of Directors-American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP)
[log in to unmask]
For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the message: info PED-EM-L
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: