CONLANG  February 2018, Week 1

CONLANG February 2018, Week 1

Re: Conlanging History

"Paul Schleitwiler, FCM" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 5 Feb 2018 16:56:38 -0600

I was not yet eight years old and had just read a book about Near Eastern
hieroglyph systems. I was inspired to create my own pictographs. One for
each sound I could distinguish in the languages I knew. Each pictograph was
an image from a word in one of the languages Then I used them to write in
those languages.
But the pictographs also suggested reading them as a string of images to
convey a concept as I had done earlier looking at Egyptian hieroglyphs.
Then the combined sounds suggested words and I was on the way to creating a
language. I never developed a grammar for it.
But i continued conlanging since. When my son, Vincent, got on Yahoo, I
joined too. There I found the connection to this group.
I really enjoy it here. I have been enlightened, educated, informed and
amused by you all. And humbled, in a pleasant way, to find so many doing so
much of what I love to do.
Thank you for being you and sharing what you do.
God bless you always, all ways,
Paul