CONLANG  February 2018, Week 2

CONLANG February 2018, Week 2

Re: Conlanging History

Nicole Valicia Thompson-Andrews <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 8 Feb 2018 21:49:20 -0500

I guess I should chip in. I write Intergalactic Culinary thrillers in
the universe of Mercinkira. I'm pretty sure I learned about conlanging
from the conlangery podcast, then got the books in Holly Lisle's
worldbuilding clinic. Then I found a website where a class had been
taught, the lessons are still there, but she doesn't teach the class.
I then realized after looking through her list of questions I should
get some linguistics books and Phonetics, so I did. I need to get back
to work on the languages of one of my planets, Yemora. I don't think
Evafen, the other main planet has its own language. I found a lexicon
list on the web that I saved on my computer, it's a list of words
broken into lexical categories.When I was little, I would take words
and add them to fractions. I did the stuff in class, and the teachers
didn't care. I made up this thing called a notewill where I'd write
notes to God and put them under my pillow.