Monospaced Font

CONLANG  February 2018, Week 4

CONLANG February 2018, Week 4

Re: Salish Nominalization and Valaklwuuxa

Aidan Aannestad <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 22 Feb 2018 05:50:53 -0600

What you've got there with that nominaliser sounds a whole dang lot like an
applicative morpheme, at least if you ignore the concurrent modification
of the verb's syntactic properties. At the least, I could see that turning
into a full-fledged applicative over time - and a very interesting one at
that, since it would probably retain in its argument marking structure some
vestiges of the fact that it was once a nominaliser.