Re: TEI and EAD

Torsten Schassan <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 20 Mar 2018 10:44:58 +0100

Dear Øyvind,

Stefanie Gehrke worked on a reference transformation for manuscript
descriptions from EAD, MARC and TEI towards ESE/EDM in the scope of the
Euorpeana Regia project. Although it's been a while, it still may be of
use for the mapping.

You find her materials here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/eregia2eseedm/

Best, Torsten

Am 20.03.2018 um 10:07 schrieb Øyvind Eide:
> Dear Laurent,
>
> interesting indeed, I will read it.
>
> In addition to what you suggest, recent mappings between the two standards would be interesting too, also in the context of specific projects.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Øyvind
>
>> Am 19.03.2018 um 15:57 schrieb Laurent Romary <[log in to unmask]>:
>>
>> Dear Øyvind,
>> We have recently issued a paper which has been accepted for Archival Science: https://hal.inria.fr/hal-01737568 <https://hal.inria.fr/hal-01737568>
>> where we describe how we use ODD for EAD customization. I don’t know it is what you had in mind.
>>
>> An interesting topic where I would like to hear more feedback is bootstrapping TEI content my means of EAD input…
>>
>> Laurent
>>

>>> Le 19 mars 2018 à 15:49, Øyvind Eide <[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> Does anybody know about recent work into integrating/interconnecting TEI with EAD? I know of the stuff more than ten years ago but TEI has evolved (and I would assume EAD is not exactly the same either) so: anything more recent?
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Øyvind
>>
>> Laurent Romary
>> Inria, team ALMAnaCH

Torsten Schassan - Digitale Editionen, Abteilung Handschriften und
Sondersammlungen
Herzog August Bibliothek, D-38299 Wolfenbuettel, Tel. +49 5331 808-130
Fax -165
Handschriftendatenbank <http://diglib.hab.de/?db=mss>