CONLANG  November 2018, Week 1

CONLANG November 2018, Week 1

Re: aUI Verbal Paradigm

Andrea Patten <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 4 Nov 2018 06:13:20 -0800

Well I appreciate the concern about preserving my father's original form,
and believe I think long and hard whether I dare make any change (even
regarding word definitions, which are meant to have creative variations as
long as they are understood), but in this case, also after talking with my
mother about it, it is simpler to conjugate the helping verb rather than
the participle!! When would you conjugate a participle (which is an
adjective) for tense?? Does Latin do that?!
   As it is, there would be 6 different participle forms for present, past,
future, and their perfect forms with endings up to 6 letters long. It makes
more sense to divide up the *same ending* and give the time reference to
the helping verb and keep the base form -Am [Time-Quality] = occurring over
Time Adj., for the participle (still maintainIng its 3 main forms for
present, past, and future, -vAm, -pAm, -tAm).