Monospaced Font

CONLANG  January 2019, Week 5

CONLANG January 2019, Week 5

Re: When dropping pronouns doesn't make you pro-drop...

Daniel Bensen <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 30 Jan 2019 08:21:08 +0200

Here's a fun data point. Bulgarian has conjugation and is prodrop, but has
no infinitives. Verbs are always conjugated for somebody, and if it's
absolutely necessary for them not to have a subject, theyre 3rd person
reflexive. Ne se pravi = it is not done/one doesn't do it

My daughters when they were babies both started using the SECOND person
conjugation. I think because they were mimicking people talking to them.

Grandma: iskash li zelenchutsi? = do you want vegetables?
Baby: ne iskash! = i don't want (them)! (lit. You don't want)