CONLANG  July 2019, Week 5

CONLANG July 2019, Week 5

Re: Languages without recursion (was: Macrofamilies)

Jim Thain <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 31 Jul 2019 12:36:08 -0700

"that
there may be a critical period for learning them, after which
acquisition of the cognitive mechanism as an adult is practically
impossible."

Isn't this the case with language?
I seem to remember reading that the few real feral humans encountered
had a great difficulty with language not having had to learn it as toddlers.