PED-EM-L@LISTSERV.BROWN.EDU

Monospaced Font

PED-EM-L Home

PED-EM-L  July 1995

PED-EM-L July 1995

Re: Securing tubes

Dale Steele <[log in to unmask]>

Pediatric Emergency Medicine Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 13 Jul 1995 20:43:49 -0400

>At 11:03 AM 5/07/95 -0500, SHOHENHA wrote:
>>Just a word of caution from several personal incidents regarding securing
>>tubes. While using umbilical string/tape or twill tape is a great way to
>>secure an endo. tube in an adult ...

        I recently heard of an alternative method for securing endo tube in
adults using IV tubing rather than umbilical tape. Apparently the plastic
on plastic contact does not slip.
        No experience in kids with this technique ...