Urs App wrote: >... one must willy-nilly turn to Windows ...
What about Lennart Stafflins PSGML for EMACS?
Needless to say, this package cannot match a full-fledged commercial SGML
application. Still, there are some interesting features:
- EMACS works on a variety of platforms
- both EMACS and PSGML are free software (i.e., affordable also
for your students)
- PSGML works with the TEI dtds, supporting
- context dependent tag completion (showing a window with possible choices)
- insertion of necessary sub elements
- entry of attributes in a window displaying name, present value
and data type
- hiding of elements by folding , ..
Waiting for the release of xemacs v