The first version of tei2latex is available at the following url:
Here is the contents of the README file.
tei2latex: A Perl5 Program to Translate
TEI Lite Documents into LaTeX2e documents
Universite de Paris-Sud
[log in to unmask]
tei2latex is a program that translates a TEI Lite document into a
The translation process can be configured in several ways for two
. to enhance the default translation in case TEI Lite lacks
information about the presentation (as in tables for instance)
. to personalize the presentation of a document or a set of
This is an alpha version so don't be suprised to encounter bugs and
don't hesitate to suggest enhancements.
Copyright 1996 (C) Jean-Daniel Fekete
Distributed under the GNU General Public License. See the file `COPYING' for
* The `sdata' conversion tables came Dtd Fragments made by Ken
MacLeod, who in turn copied it from GF. Here are Gary's
acknowledgements for these:
* The NSGMLS output parser, `SGMLS.pm' and `sgmlspl, comes from
* The tables for the conversion of ISOlat1 to "best" ASCII follow a
system developed by Markus Kuhn.
* `ISOlat1.2tex' is based on a latin1 to TeX table by (I think) Peter
* Other TeX symbols were grabbed individually from numerous sources.
* ISOlat1 etc. are from the ISO.
* Larry Wall's Perl5. ftp://ftp.metronet.com/perlinfo/source
* James Clark's SGMLS or SP; SP is preferred due to it's much better
handling of document entities and general coolness. ftp://jclark.com
* David Megginson's SGMLS.PM. ftp://aix1.uottawa.ca/pub/dmeggins and
* LaTeX version 2e, available at several sites.
Edit the Makefile and change the first lines according to the
comments. Then type
4 Using tei2latex
tei2latex [-v] file.suffix
Only the following suffixes are understood yet:
tei sgm sgml : TEI Lite documents
nsgmls : Output of NSGMLS on a TEI Lite document
___ Jean-Daniel Fekete www : http://www.lri.fr/~jdf
/ \ / LRI - Bat 490 email : [log in to unmask]
/ _/ / Universite de Paris-Sud voice : +33 (1) 69 41 65 91
/__ \/ 91 405 ORSAY Cedex - FRANCE fax : +33 (1) 69 41 65 86