RE swallowed bullet
A fellow in Knoxville used to come see us frequently. He ingested pins, needles
razor blades, screws, knives, fish hooks, and a variety of live rounds. Pistol
calibers of .22, .38, .45, and rifle caliber of .30-06. Over the 4 years I saw
him, he never went to surgery, and he never had a problem. The major problem in
his case was resuscitating the physician who had examined him and performed a
rectal exam. After seeing the multiple "sharps" in his alimentary tract that
could have come in contact with their finger, they usually fainted.
David G. Ward, M.D.
Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center
[log in to unmask]
For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the message: info PED-EM-L
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: