In a message dated 96-10-21 22:07:43 EDT, you write:
<< We recently had a 10 year old boy in our department who had swallowed
one of his Dads bullets(38 caliber I believe). As the bullet was in the
stomach our main concern was potential for leakage of the contents. A
quick review of the literature and local discussion didn't reveal any
information on the subject. Anybody have experience or thoughts? >>
No experience like this, but I don't think I'd be concerned. Most
ammunition performs very well after immersion for even prolonged periods of
time in H2O, and it would never fire if the powder got wet.
I would simply observe for passage like any other FB. Even if the
powder leaked I don't think it would have any toxicity. The lead in the
bullet might be a slight concern, but absorbtion should be minimal if the
bullet passes in a timely fashion.
I'll spare everyone the bad jokes going through my head on this one!
For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the message: info PED-EM-L
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: