We have a "Difficult Airway" box (toolbox, clearly marked, in the Trauma room)
- Pre assembled jet ventilation set ups
- Angiocaths for needle crycothyrotomy (18G,16G,14G)
- Seldinger-type cricothyrotomy kit (Melker),
- Surgical cricothyrotomy kit (scalpels, skin retractors, curved kellys, small
- LMA's (size 1 and 2, will work for patients up to 20 Kg)
- Tape, benzoin, lubricant, 20 cc sirynges
- Taped to the inside of the box are the ASA "difficut airway" algorithm and the
LMA size guidelines.
We have not used it yet.
Fellow, Ped Emerg Med
Boston Children's Hospital.
For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the message: info PED-EM-L
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: