AUXLANG December 1997, Week 1

Re: Question of Interest?

Robin Gaskell <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 2 Dec 1997 19:42:12 +1100

At 08:32 AM 11/27/97 -0700, you wrote:
>J am planning a reprint several older books on IAL info, &e. This
>is u project that will not be done overnight. But ji question is
>this. Is there any interest in such u project? Would appreciate
>any feedback.
>Mil gra,
>Bob

Yes Bob,
        This is a good idea.  I suspect that using only parts of the seminal
books on IAL theory would make it a more workable project.  My thinking is
that people would like to print-out hard copy to mull over at their leisure
- sitting by river-banks or in their work lunch-break - rather than being
stuck at their computer screen all the time.
        A compendium of the thoughts of the major thinkers would make up a
worthwhile booklet, that could be used to launch the idea of World Language
Reform on the broader stage.  I have Hogben's "Interglossa" and could type
out a relevant chapter from this.  I would also suggest that some quotes
from Ronald Clark, prime author of Glosa, might also have a place in such a
compendium.

        Do you imagine the information being in HTML format, ASCII ... or
some other electronic form?  I favour ASCII, but can readily use 'File' to
turn HTML
code into ASCII (Galaxy printable) form [stripping all the "<a ..." coding,
of course].

        Please give more information abouth the way you imagine such a
collection of information being used .. and the electonic format you would
imagine to be most useful.

Saluta, Robin
 ROBIN GASKELL: [log in to unmask]      WEBPAGE: www.zeta.org.au/~rgaskell
 GLOSALIST:  Awaiting Majordomo installation : CURRENTLY USING a "Mail
Forwarder"
 BOOKS ON GLOSA:-  Blackwells Internet Bookshop  www.blackwell.co.uk/bookshops/
                   Internet Bookshop  [log in to unmask]