AUXLANG December 1997, Week 5

Re: Le legiones e auxiliaris (fwd)

STAN MULAIK <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 31 Dec 1997 21:58:13 -0500

Don,
My inclusion of "describeva" = described in my Interlingua translation as
an alternative to "depingeva" o "monstrava" was a concession to the Portuguese
translation that I did not show:

Portuguese:

Ja' no se'culo XVII a.C. os lubrificantes eram conhecidos. Os entalhes na
sepultura do Farao' Tehuti-Hetep _descrevem_ o uso de va'rios lubrificantes
no desalojamento das grandes pedras.

I'm not too sure that these translations are all accurate with respect to
one another. For example, the German describes "die beim Rollen grosser
Steinblo"cke verwendet wurden". Rollen = rollers. Nothing of rollers is
found in the English or the other translations, and it has nothing to do
with lubricants. But I went along with it.

Stan Mulaik