AUXLANG December 1997, Week 5

Re: Jay's tactics

Jay Bowks <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 29 Dec 1997 02:09:32 -0500

I can be such a pest sometimes eh?

Sincerely, how this ended up in Auxlang, beats me!
How Bob got a hold of it, beats me.

I certainly am not ashamed of it, I've done worse,
God knows, and I repent, MEA CULPA!

However, I do wish to thank the many who showed
support for Interlingua.

In the United States War of Independence there
were the MINUTEMAN always ready to come
to battle at a minutes notice for a fight for freedom.

Hey, for a fight in auxlang.... who's fighting....

Who's afraid?

Let's not quabble and squirm. I did what I did
because I wanted to see more support for my
favorite IAL. And so is there harm in this?

Did some temperatures rise? Indeed it was no
situation to be calling each other names. I feel
that the invitation I sent on INTERLNG motivated
some on that list to join. Yes... but...

There were others that I also invited who I have
invited to join INTERLNG but who did not wish to
and yet they joined auxlang and voted for Ia and
for other conlangs.

Hmmm.

Indeed quite an amusing time. Since I'm on
vacation this is quite a nice time for such
merrymaking adventures and I hope no one
is harmed in this ordeal... really, please.

I will continue to stand up for Interlingua as
best I can and I count it a priviledge to have
had people respond to my call. Indeed it
was not a false call of WOLF! It seems
there are many mean toothed wolves on
auxlang ready to rip and tear to shreds, eh?

Since,
Jay B.
[log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]
 http://adam.cheshire.net/~jjbowks/home.html