In Hungary, Department of Culture and Education has launched a project
to set up a national digital library. Project organizers asked me to
write a study on the recommended methods for storing texts. I decided to
argue for TEI. However, I need to know some data to support my
1. What is the approximate number of TEI-conform projects (texts?) worldwide?
2. How many of them are in languages other than English?
3. Do other digital library projects use TEI? (URL?)
4. What is the future of the TEI project? Will it be developed further or it is
a fixed set of guidelines?
5. Which are the most widespread software for encoding / processing /
6. Are there projects that make TEI-conform texts available on WWW? (URL?)
7. Is there any official relationship between TEI and WWW Consortium?
8. Could you recommend any literature on the relation of Unicode and TEI
Finally an off-topic one:
Could you recommend any good literature on trends/standards of storing
digitized audio and video?
Thank you for your time.
Institute of Philosophy
Hungarian Academy of Sciences
Szemere u. 10, Budapest, H-1054